Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Lies are like snowflakes; they're all unique.

Back in Chapel Hill and currently talking about what it would be like to be athletic rock climbers while watching Project Runway. Roomate Danielle is being outdoorsy recently and I think she is the perfect blend of lovely and brave. We ate tacos and invited Kate over to be with us. The tacos are strictly tv food.
I visited Kenzie's classroom today to help with her class and lie about the gingerbread man's arrival and subsequent abandonment of her first grade class. I have observed that kids fake being sick all the time. Six year old Shelby pretends she can't breath and kind of light headedly weaves her way to the office to go see the nurse. After lunch she decides she actually can breath but now she has to "frow up" and goes home. A few towns over in Durham in Ms. Linville's Kindergarten room five year old Litzy pretends she's choking and as it turns out she's just holding her breath. When that doesn't work she resorts to also having to "frow up". All in all, they're sweet and probably have alot more going on in their little baby lives that I realize. Either that or they are missing something awesome on Nickelodian and absolutely need to go home. Forget learning to read. I mean I lied about the Gingerbread man's existence and answered other questions about how elves found Santa. "Did they evolve those pointy ears?" "Did Santa create the elves?" I answered them all quickly and with a straight face: "The pointy ears keep them warm." "They heard about Santa and invited him to the North Pole by building him a castle and workshop." (I'm kidding) I might as well have pretended to be suffering from a concussion or dying from a fatal flare gun blow. Lying about fictional characters being real is just as bad as "frowing up".

Katie, my beautiful blonde cousin with all the sass and that uncanny bling, I want to hear all about the prom party 2007. I hope you read this tonight. It's what I've been doing for the past two hours.

No comments: