Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Holiday Decor... A slippery slope

So I'm waiting on my girls to get here for bible study and thought I simply must do my daily blog update... I exaggerate.

I thought today that I feel alot like the woman in the Bible who just needed to touch the hem of Jesus' cloak and she just knew she would be healed. Or maybe she didn't know and she thought, any little shred of grace I can find is enough. She was afraid of him, awed by him and completely desperate for a Savior and she met one who loved her dearly, had deep patience with her and wanted her to be better.

I get migraines (can't spell them half the time, but I get them) and I just have a really hard time stopping to deal with them until they are fully fledged and making me a grump. I can be supremely grumpy when given the least of a chance and I sometimes stop myself and think: "Do you see your life? Look how special life is on a day to day basis. Take note of the women God has placed in your life and how dear it is to get to ask them questions, listen to them and somehow share a little smidge of what I'm learning". Still, I can be a little huffy and needy. We all can I guess.

My biggest prayer these days is that I would live with joy and open my heart wide to experience every moment as a gift. I know you're harkening Helen Steiner Rice arn't you? I'll try and put the edge back on...

I've already decorated for Christmas in my town house (no edge yet) and it occured to me at 7pm tonight when I was toasting pecans, wearing a too big sweater and flannel pajama pants with Smoky Mountain Christmas CD on volume 20 that I might look a little crazy. In fact, I might be a little crazy this year. I've like skipped Thanksgiving and gone straight for the Pine Valley Candle and have thought about the word "parsnip" for longer than two minutes which no one does.

I made Bobby sing "Silver Bells" on the phone a couple of nights ago.

No edge yet...

But speaking of edginess- this just in in hair care- I bet my beautiful Katie C. Deese could wow us with her modern, manic, walk on the wild side, bangs and bob! She can pull off anything.

It's 8:30 and my girls still aren't here... I'm sad about it, but everybody's schedule is crazy. I just don't want to waste time that I get with them. I know God will provide more time later though!!!

2 comments:

Katie said...

I just love you!! You do not know how excited I am to see you next week...it has been ENTIRELY too long!!

Unknown said...

I have got my shopping for Christmas deco through Brookstone.