Thursday, May 1, 2008

It is a glorious day in Carolina. I'm not being melancholy today mainly because I saw Baby Mama last night and officially LOVED it. Kate and I just walked down to the little lake where we decided we felt safe and secure.... UNTIL we began a small discussion about a black snake she recently saw from her porch. Thus began my chronicle of the black snake that tortured me mercilessly last summer in West End (the flower bed, the driveway, the carport, the porch and the pool house... not kidding around). Then we discussed how they were "cursed creatures, crushed by Jesus' heel, silent deadly predators". Still we're reclining in the sun and a small fly lands on Kates arm. We scream and jump up... "Perhaps," says Kate, "We worked ourselves into a complete and utter frenzy". So the safe secure pond has suddenly become full of snakes and broods of vipers. Yep.

1 comment:

Katie said...

We must never forget the snake (I think it was a python) that attempted to attack the Solara one dreadful night in West End!